Sweet Martha’s cookie recipe boasts a star-studded cast of ingredients, including all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, eggs, and milk, that come together to create a delectable batch of soft, chewy cookies. With its straightforward instructions provided in cookie recipes and endless possibilities for customization, this recipe is perfect for both novice and experienced bakers alike.
If you’re on the lookout for another effortless recipe, consider trying this one for a perfect meal: Eileen’s Cookie Recipe: A Delicious Treat for Any Occasion
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make Sweet Martha’s Cookie Recipe Step-by-Step
Need a recipe that’s easy to follow? Give this one for a perfect meal a go: C&H Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). This ensures that your oven is ready to go when it’s time to bake the cookies.
- Step 2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt until well combined.
- Step 3: In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup of unsalted butter, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 3/4 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes on medium speed with an electric mixer.
- Step 4: Beat in 2 large eggs, one at a time, followed by 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Step 5: Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until just combined.
- Step 6: Stir in 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Step 7: Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough onto an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Step 8: Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Step 9: Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 10: Serve and enjoy your freshly baked Sweet Martha’s Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Cookies Every Time
One key tip is to measure your ingredients carefully – using too much or too little of an ingredient can throw off the balance of your recipe and lead to disappointing results. Another important tip is to chill your dough before baking – this will help your cookies hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much in the oven.
Different ovens may vary in temperature, so be sure to check your cookies regularly and adjust the time and temperature as needed. And remember, always let your cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet – this will help them set and prevent them from crumbling.
Try swapping out chocolate chips for other types of baking chips, like butterscotch or white chocolate. Or add in some spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm, cozy flavor. And don’t forget about presentation – you can make your cookies look even more tempting by adding a sprinkle of sea salt or dusting them with powdered sugar.
Sweet Martha’s cookie recipe is a perfect foundation for your baking creativity. With a few tweaks, you can tailor the recipe to your liking, whether you prefer a crunchy texture or a burst of flavor with nuts, dried fruit, or even a pinch of sea salt. Plus, if you’re looking for further inspiration and baking tips, be sure to check out the Peggy Ann Bakery. Their expert bakers can help you take your cookie game to the next level and leave your taste buds craving for more.