Discover the secret to Raising Cane’s bread recipe, one of the bread recipes to make a simple yet delicious side dish that has become a fan favorite at the chain’s restaurants. Founded in Baton Rouge in 1996, Raising Cane’s has since expanded to over 500 locations in 29 states, all serving their signature chicken fingers and their famous Texas toast.
If you’re seeking yet another effortless recipe to try, consider this one for a perfect meal: Marie Callender’s Cornbread Recipe
The History of Raising Cane’s Bread: From Humble Beginnings to a National Favorite
Raising Cane’s was founded in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1996 by Todd Graves and Craig Silvey. They opened their first restaurant near the Louisiana State University campus, serving only chicken fingers, crinkle-cut fries, coleslaw, and Texas toast. The recipe for their toast was simple yet delicious, consisting of thick slices of bread slathered in garlic butter and toasted to perfection.
As Raising Cane’s popularity grew, so did their menu, but the Texas toast remained a fan favorite. Today, the chain has over 500 locations in 29 states, all serving their signature chicken fingers and, of course, their famous Texas toast.
Raising Cane’s uses only the highest quality ingredients, including real butter and fresh garlic, to create a warm and comforting side dish that pairs perfectly with their crispy chicken tenders. The bread is baked to order, ensuring that each slice is warm and buttery when it arrives at your table.
Key Ingredients and Instructions for Perfect Raising Cane’s Bread: Flour, Yeast, Sugar, and More
In need of a recipe that’s easy to follow? This one for a perfect meal might be the answer: Prune Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Use a whisk to combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for 1-2 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle that is about 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) thick.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the dough into strips that are about 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide.
- Transfer the strips to the prepared baking sheet, spacing them apart to allow room for rising.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Baking Techniques for the Best Raising Cane’s Bread: Tips and Tricks for a Perfect Loaf
The first step in baking Raising Cane’s bread is to mix the dough thoroughly and knead it until it’s smooth and elastic. The dough should be allowed to rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size. Once the dough has risen, it should be shaped into thick slices and allowed to rise again before baking.
To achieve the perfect crust, Raising Cane’s bread is baked at a high temperature for a short amount of time. This technique creates a crispy exterior while keeping the interior soft and chewy. It’s also important to bake the bread on a greased surface to prevent sticking and ensure an even bake.
Another key technique for baking Raising Cane’s bread is to brush each slice with the garlic butter spread before toasting. This step adds an extra layer of flavor and ensures that the bread is warm and buttery.
Indulging in a warm slice of Raising Cane’s bread is now possible from the comfort of your own home. Peggy Ann Bakery‘s bread-making expertise can be applied to this dish to ensure a delectable and flavorful result. By utilizing premium ingredients such as flour, yeast, sugar, butter, and garlic, you can knead the dough, bake it to perfection, and finish it off with a brush of garlic butter for the ultimate bread experience.