Ina Garten’s famous banana bread recipe is one of the classic and beloved bread recipes for good reason. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized to your liking, and it’s an excellent way to use up overripe bananas. This recipe is also easy to make, even for beginners, with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips. Plus, it makes two loaves, so you can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later.
If you’re looking for another uncomplicated recipe to try, this one for a perfect meal is worth considering: Aunty Sandy’s Banana Bread Recipe: Delicious and Easy-to-Make
Why choose Ina Garten’s banana bread recipe?
While the recipe itself is straightforward, there are many ways to customize it to your liking. You can add walnuts or chocolate chips for extra texture and flavor, or substitute some of the flour with oat flour for a healthier twist. You can also adjust the amount of sugar or use alternative sweeteners to suit your taste.
Another reason to choose Ina Garten’s banana bread recipe is that it’s a great way to use up overripe bananas. Instead of throwing them away, you can turn them into a delicious treat that everyone will love. Plus, the recipe makes two loaves, so you can enjoy one now and freeze the other for later.
In addition to being delicious, this recipe is also easy to make. With step-by-step instructions and helpful tips, even beginners can make a perfect loaf of banana bread. And if you do run into any trouble, there are plenty of online resources and forums where you can find answers to your questions.
Finally, Ina Garten’s banana bread recipe is a classic for a reason. It has been tried and tested by countless bakers over the years, and its popularity shows no signs of waning. Whether you’re making it for a family breakfast, a potluck, or just for yourself, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Ingredients needed for Ina Garten Banana Bread recipe
Want to try another recipe that’s easy to follow? This one for a perfect meal could be a great option: Green Tomato Bread Recipe: A Delicious and Unique Twist on Classic Bread
- 3 extra-large ripe bananas or 4 medium bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans
- Parchment paper
- A mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
Step-by-step instructions for making Ina Garten’s Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with butter and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream 1/2 cup of unsalted butter with 1 cup of granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Mash 3 extra-large ripe bananas in a separate bowl. Add the mashed bananas and 1/2 cup of full-fat sour cream to the mixer bowl, and mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three parts, mixing until just combined after each addition. If using, fold in 1 cup of chopped walnuts or chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared loaf pans. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then remove them from the pans and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve with a pat of butter or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy your delicious homemade banana bread!
To wrap up, the Ina Garten banana bread recipe is a true gem in the world of baking. Peggy Ann Bakery‘s own passion for crafting delicious baked goods is reflected in the popularity of this recipe, which has stood the test of time. Its rich flavor and perfectly moist texture have garnered a loyal following of bakers who swear by its simple yet delectable taste.