Barely Bread Recipe offers the perfect solution for anyone who loves the taste and texture of bread but wants to avoid the carbs. You can have a freshly baked loaf of bread that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.
Whether you’re following a low-carb diet or simply looking for a healthier alternative to traditional bread, the bread recipes are bound to become a kitchen favorite. So, let’s explore the world of Barely Bread and discover how you can create a low-carb delight in no time!
Searching for a recipe that’s both delicious and effortless? This one for a perfect meal is a game-changer: Prune Bread Recipe: A Delicious and Healthy Way to Enjoy a Nutritious Snack
Delicious and Easy: Our Barely Bread Recipe Guide for Beginners
Ingredients for Barely Bread Recipe
The Barely Bread Recipe comprises of the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of barley flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of warm water
This recipe is nutritionally balanced as barley flour is a great source of fiber and essential nutrients, while almond flour and coconut flour add a pleasant nutty flavor and richness to the bread. Arrowroot starch and psyllium husk powder are both vital for creating the bread’s texture and structure. Additionally, ground flaxseed provides an additional nutritional boost.
Active dry yeast and honey play significant roles in the bread’s rise and subtle sweetness, respectively. The salt helps balance the overall flavor profile of the bread. Lastly, warm water is necessary to activate the yeast and combine all the ingredients seamlessly.
Steps to Make Barely Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the barley flour, almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, ground flaxseed, psyllium husk powder, active dry yeast, honey, and salt. Mix well to ensure all the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the warm water to the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky dough forms. Do not be concerned if the dough is wet and sticky; this is normal.
- Cover the bowl with a clean towel or plastic wrap and allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes. This gives the dough time to rise and become more elastic.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). While the oven is heating, shape the dough into a loaf and place it in a greased bread pan. You may also shape the dough into rolls or smaller loaves, depending on your preference.
- You should bake the bread for a duration of 40 to 50 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown, and the bread emits a hollow sound upon tapping on the bottom.
- Once the bread is baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Get Creative with Barely Bread: Variations to Spice Up Your Recipe
In need of a quick and easy recipe that still tastes amazing? Give this one for a perfect meal a shot: Lost Bread Recipe: Discover the Flavors of the Past
Incorporating unique and flavorful ingredients into bread can elevate its taste to new heights. Here are some mouth-watering ingredients that you can add to your bread recipe:
- Rosemary (2 teaspoons)
- Garlic (2 cloves, minced)
- Cumin (1 teaspoon)
- Cheddar Cheese (1 cup, shredded)
- Almonds (1/2 cup, chopped)
- Sunflower Seeds (1/4 cup)
To make the most of these ingredients, simply mix them into the dough before baking. However, some additional equipment may be required, such as a food processor to grind the almonds into flour, or a cheese grater to shred the cheddar cheese.
For a savory and cheesy bread, incorporate the shredded cheddar cheese into the dough and bake for an additional 10 minutes at the recommended temperature.
If you desire a nutty flavor, substitute half of the barley flour with almond flour, and mix in some chopped almonds to the dough. Be sure to adjust the baking temperature and time as necessary to achieve the perfect loaf.
By using these simple yet effective ingredients, you can take your bread baking skills to the next level and create delicious, flavorful loaves that will impress your friends and family.
Benefits of Barely Bread
With barley flour and ground flaxseed, this bread is packed with fiber, keeping your digestion on track and keeping you feeling full for longer.
But that’s not all – Barely Bread is also gluten-free. So for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities, you can enjoy bread without any negative side effects.
And for those following a low-carb diet, Barely Bread is a must-have. Almond flour and coconut flour keep the carb count low, making it the perfect choice for those looking to maintain a healthy diet.
But the benefits don’t stop there. Barely Bread is nutrient-dense, full of vitamins and minerals from whole-food ingredients. Almond flour brings vitamin E to the table, while coconut flour adds iron to your diet.
And let’s not forget about the versatility of Barely Bread. From sandwiches to French toast, this bread can do it all. But it’s also delicious on its own – toasted with a bit of butter or jam, you can’t go wrong.
Whether you’re following a gluten-free or low-carb diet, or simply looking for a healthier bread option, this barely bread recipe from Peggy Ann Bakery is sure to satisfy. Packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, this bread is delicious on its own or can be used in a variety of recipes. Give it a try and taste the difference for yourself.